Our Blog

This blog will show you a bit of what we are learning in 6th class here in Room 2. We will tell you about our projects and the exciting things that are happening in our class. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Poetry Corner

This week we read a poem by an 11 year old girl. It is called "I have a dream", and it comes from our Hello Universe. It tells us what she sees in her eyes is a perfect world. We decided to write our own poems and here are some of them :


 I have a dream
with a shining light,
where you and I
live in delight.

There is no Hunger
no pain or disease,
just a happy place
for you to see,

All War is ended
everyone feels ok,
which is how we should feel
at the end of the day.

The Rainforest is there
as full as can be,
not on fire and burning
making pollution, you see.

Family's are whole
and children are loved,
not helpless and threatened
an kicked or shoved.

In this world
we are all free,
but where this world is
is in my dreams.

By Aisling


I have a dream that there could be
a world, a world where we
could live, it is a world with no poverty
or even no controversy.

This world has no wars
or even any giant wild boars
if you have all the power
it might be good to water a flower.

My world has good politics, and leaders
who don't have to be very good readers
and the makers of papers
all look like shapers.

In my world there are no recessions and bees make money
from their honey and it all is really funny
there is no such thing as stress
and the country is not in a mess.

By Cian OB!


I have a dream
To share with you,
Of a better place
Even better than the Zoo!

This place that I
An dreaming of,
Its a wonderful place
To run and shout.

This place I dream
Has no disasters.
Like the earthquake in Japan
And the Tsunami after.

The seas are deep
And the leaves are green,
Everyones nice :)
And no ones mean

I have a dream
That the recession is ended
Everyones happy
And broken hearts are mended.

But in the place
We live today
The animals will soon
Have no where to play
By Sarah :)

I have a dream,
to have peace in the world,
I want you all to seize the day,
And hopefully keep it this way.

I have a dream that there will be no more poor,
I want to make this happen for sure,
I want people to share,
Because its not fair.

I have a dream that there will be no more crimes,
And I really hope this poem rhymes!
Please don't kill and kick,
Or you'll be sent to the nick!

I have a dream that the recession will end,
Because we have no money to spend,
My Mam and Dad said take care with the money,
Because we have none and its not funny.

That is what my dream is about,
It will happen I have no doubt,
This is my dream,
I want it to be seen! :)

By Danielle B :)

I have a dream about such a lovely place
Where  everyone has a smile across their face
this dream exists in my head
but comes alive when I go to bed

Streets are safe and sound
Happiness and laughter is all around
No fear of danger in the night
for this place is such a lovely sight

Disease and illness are a thing of the past
People could be healthy at last
Diseases cured and illnesses mended
Finally the suffering and hardship has ended

My dream has grassy plains bright and sunny
its not a world obsessed with bills and money
No need to tighten or loosen your belt
money problems will never be dealt

Towns and cities are beautiful and intact
Everyone is happy as a matter of fact
This dream is apart of my imagination
but stranger things have happened then my dreams creation.
Ellen

3 comments:

  1. this is a really good poem. Maybe she shouls change dreams to dream at the end so it would rhyme more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a good poem! It has included lots of subjects in it (eg: The rainforest and war)but still made it rhyme really well and sound really good! I can't wait to read the rest of the poems. Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete